Date: August 26, 2017
Time: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Contact: Tammy Majcherek email@example.com
Sponsor: South Coast Research and Extension Center
Don't miss out on the 2017 Pitahaya "Dragon Fruit" Festival and Field Day. Pre-registration is required, sign up at http://ucanr.edu/2017-pitahaya
For more information click here for the event flyer.
Day 1 - August 25, 2017: Join the self-driven tour starting in Escondido visiting various growers and talking with researchers.
Day 2 - August 26, 2017: Field day at South Coast Research and Extension Center - learn about specific varieties, new growing methods, pests, and more! Of course you will want to give the taste buds a treat with the annual fruit tasting - which variety tickles your fancy?
Topics to be Discussed on August 26th:
- Pitahaya/Dragon Fruit Varieties, Pollen Collection and Pollination
Demonstration - Ramiro Lobo & Tony Pacheco,
- UCCE San Diego Weed Identification & Weed Control Clinic - Cheryl Wilen, UCCE IPM Area Advisor
- Nematode Issues in Pitahaya Production - Ole Becker, UC Riverside Nematology Specialist
- Pitahaya Trellis & Irrigation Trials, Irrigation Systems Design
Considerations - Gary Tanizaki, UCCE San Diego and Jose Fernandez de
Soto, UC Hansen REC
- Vertebrate Pest Management Strategies Demonstration - Niamh Quinn,
UCCE Orange/San Diego Counties
- Growing Pitahayas in your Backyard - Ed Valdivia, Grower/Pitahaya
Breeder (Simi Valley) and Linda Nickerson, Grower/Pitahaya Nursery
Register Online at: http://ucanr.edu/2017-pitahaya